Sunday, October 16, 2011
My First Bloggy award!!!!
Oh what a wonderful Sunday Morning!
I went to my blog this morning and had such wonderful surprises waiting for me:-) First, I had lots of comments to publish and one of them -- Eva at Eva's Scraps n' Cards -- awarded me the Versatile Blogger Award. When I started my blog, Eva found it and became my first Follower!! I was so happy that someone took the time to "find" me and she became immediately special in my book! Her blog is wonderful and inspiring, and if you want a great bloggy friend and supporter, you need to go visit Eva and follow her! Show her some of your sweetest love:-)
As a recipient of The Versatile Blogger Award, there are 3 rules to follow…
1. Thank the person who awarded you.
2. Tell 7 things about yourself that your readers may not know.
3. Award 7 other bloggers with this award.
Once again, Eva, you have been one of my 'Sweetest' since I started my blog and you came to share your precious bloggy love. Thank you so much for thinking of me:-)
You may not know:
1. I have been married to my Bestest Friend for 42 years!
2. I got married at 18 --- do the math:-)
3. We have 3 beautiful children -- 2 boys, 1 girl -- and 4 perfect grandkids -- 2 boys, 2 girls!
4. I have had the same best girl friend since Junior High -- Kathy:-)
5. I wanted to have a career in medicine but was a mommie instead (no regrets now)
6. I cared for my dad who had cancer for 7 years, before he passed 2 years ago. I miss him still.
7. My motto is "Let Go, Let God!!" I depend on my faith to help me remember that the past in the past, the future is yet to come, TODAY is what matters!
Picking the people to give this wonderful award to is the hardest for me. I visit so many great blogs and would like to present it to so many of them:-) I might look around to see if anyone has not gotten their first blog award like me and send one their way to help build their follower base -- that would be totally awesome!! Here they are and I would love for you to visit them and share some of your love and follow their blog:-)
1. Trenise at http://scrappin-neesie.blogspot.com
2. Angie at http://atuttletime.blogspot.com/
3. Lynda at http://memoriesintyme.blogspot.com
4. Tami at http://tamboscreations.blogspot.com
5. Janet at http://ladyluvbug.blogspot.com
6. Barbara at http://barbarab3.blogspot.com/
7. Paula at http://preciouspagesbypaula.blogspot.com/
I am so pleased to pass on this award to all the deserving bloggers!! I also have to give a shout out to some others that received the award when I did and so very deserve it in my book: Audrey, Shirl, Lisa. Actually, I love each and every one of my followers who did not have to look and find me, but took the time to do it!! You are all so very special in my book of life:-)
I hope I brought a moment of happiness to a few and that you all have a wonderful weekend!
A very quick Boo Kitty update for those who want to know:-) We will get him back home on Tuesday and he did not lose the leg. He is going to have an improvised hip/leg brace for over a month and we hope it will make everything heal properly. Daddy Tyson is here visiting today and he spent the first 30 minutes searching for Boo -- smelling every where -- so cute:-)