Friday, March 2, 2012

Project with Grand daughter...

Hello Friday!
Some of you may have seen the explosion box card that I made for my DH for Valentine's Day. Well, my 10 year old grand daughter, Kendyl, thought it was just the Bee's Knees and wanted one for herself :-) So the next time she was over, she asked if we could make one together and I loved the idea. It made me all warm and fuzzy that she liked something that I made so much! First I had her look through my paper and pick out the colors she liked ... I knew there would be lime green included. She settled on the blacks and greens. We got everything cut out and I taught her how to ink all the edges. I must say that she caught on really fast and did a fantastic job!! The next part that I put her to work on was making the rose petals. Once again, she did great! She folded and glued each rose petal and curled the edges after I showed her once! I did put the the roses together because that is a bit tricky :-) We both glued and layered all the pieces, made the top, and the last thing that she did was pick out the stamps she wanted to use on the inside. Of course, there had to be some bing, too. Here is her finished box card. She loves it and I am so proud of her first effort on a BIG project!!


Sorry this is picture heavy and the quality is really poor, but the box was going home with her and I had to hurry in bad conditions :-) I just want to share her fine work!


I got a kick out of how she put "I (heart) me" inside the card for herself! Thanks so much for sharing in my Joy!

Now just one more pic I want to share :-) Kendyl was an outstanding gymnast at a very young age and burned out early much to our horror. She now is doing competitive cheerleading and I just want you to see what all the gymnastic training did for her.
Kitty Hugs, Judy

5 comments:

  1. Oh what a wonderful project. You both did a wonderful job on it!!!! Love the colors!!!!! Way to go!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't Grandchildren just amazing... made having kids worthwhile! hehehehe! Kendyl is a natural and she got it from her Grandma! I know the feeling and it is thrilling to see them soar at what they choose to do, whether it's scrapping or cheerleading! (My oldest GD is a cheerleader...so much fun to watch). Anyway, what a beautiful project, a talented Grandaughter and a couple of proud Grandma's!!
    Crafty Hugs,
    Pendra
    p.s. Thanks for the visit... it meant alot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how adorable and a great idea. I love it I have became a follower of yours and wish you would come over and join me on linky hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, Kendyl did a fabulous job with this explosion box!! I love the design and the rose is stunning!! What a gorgeous project!! :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, your grand daughter did a fantastic job -- I think it turned out adorable, just the "bees knees"...lol!!! She did a wonderful job and let her know for me someone else thought so too! I'm pretty proud of her myself!!!

    My sweet friend, thank you too for all the wonderful comments you leave on my blog. I hope you feel the love I hope I'm giving right back to you!!!

    Hugs, now!

    ReplyDelete

I love new followers and would like to know what you think!