Thursday, November 24, 2011

HAPPY THANKSGIVING ALL!!! and some projects......

Happy Thanksgiving Day to all my new Friends!!!

We will be going to our older son's house to celebrate our time with the family :-) Two of the three kids wanted us to have the day here at our house, but with DH's surgery on Monday, he was not up to so much work --- he is the chief cook in our family :-) We had minimum contribution and I actually did most of it!! So we will be part of a group of about 14 adults and 6 kids -- 2 of which are as big as the adults! And with all people bringing somethin, it is sure to be quite a FEAST!!

Three of us are "Border Buddies" -- we make 3 borders for each other every month. There is one other girl who does one a month and we make one for her. I did her 12 early in the year. The 2 others are my DIL and her mom. I got my November borders done this week so I could deliver them today. We never do anything in particular so here is what I got done with files I had already set up in my scal program:

This Birthday Fun border is done with the Clowning Around file from Treasure Box Designs using all papers and Stickles I have on hand. The font is one that I downloaded into scal. Usually, I make the paper pieces and then I pick out the papers I want to use for the background and edge. I lay the pieces on different papers until I like the look :-)

I think this border could be used for lots of pages. Think Sweet Thoughts file is from KaDoodle Bug Designs. All from my stash. It has extra pieces -- the frame girl and caupcake.

I am going to be using this border for a wedding page, since I had 3 weddings this year. Of course, it is perfect for Valentine's or an anniversary. These angels are in a file from Treasure Box Designs that is no longer available, but I believe they have been relocated into other new files. I think the font is another one I uploaded into scal.

Hope I have inspired you in some way:-) I am doing more pages instead of borders, but they are still a quick and easy page when they are sitting there all done! Just add a background page and then back the pictures if you want:-)

Kitty Hugs!! Judy

2 comments:

  1. Hi Judy,

    Hope your Thanksgiving went well and your husbands surgery too! I love your borders, they look great!
    Hugs,
    Chriss

    www.chrissandlou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow i missed this project!!!!! Fabulous work!!!!!Love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love new followers and would like to know what you think!