Friday, February 10, 2012

Doodle Pantry Challenge #20

Hello and Happy Day Before the Weekend!

Every day I mean to do a post and I don't get it done for one reason or another. Usually it is because I don't have my pictures ready to put up. I am going to make an honest effort to get all my pictures on my computer ready to go and find a time to make up the posts so I can add them in the morning when I think most people are looking. Yesterday, I made a card to enter into the Doodle Pantry Challenge and I did not get it ready to post until this afternoon .... see what I mean :-) A click on their name should take you directly to their site to get all the info.

Now, here is the card I made with one of their digi stamps that I have had for a while. On the inside, I stamped "We are best friends! Sending you love on your birthday!" I used 2 sets of My Thoughts Exactly stamps

and combined the available words to make up the sentiment! The sentiment on the front is part of the birdie digi stamp. Obviously, this will go to my BFF on her birthday :-) This is a fairly simple card and should have not taken long to make, but I am a total novice with coloring the digi stamps and I had to do 4 before I got one I liked :-) This one was the best. I used the few alcohol ink paint pens that I have (which is very few) Maybe two of them are Coptics and some others are Marvy LePlume. I have done a lot of canvas painting in the past so this should be easy for me, but it's not!

I used a base card from a Recollections Card and Envelop set. I layered the digi on two papers from a pack I have had forever and don't remember the maker ... I printed the outside sentiment, "I'm so happy!" on the same paper and added a tiny bird and butterfly stickers. I used the lime green twine that I believe I won and a neat double button that I had in my stash. Before I started my blog, I never kept track of the makers of any of my supplies so my stash is mostly "unnamed" ... sorry 'bout that :-)

Hope the weekend holds lots of fun things for everyone!! We are supposed to get some cooler weather so I guess I will put the shorts and tees away for about 2 days until it is hot again! We were completely cheated out of winter this year :-( Oh well....have a great weekend!!

Kitty Hugs, Judy

5 comments:

  1. Really cute Judy~
    I also like all their images at Doodle Pantry.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card, and you coloring is great!! :-D And thanks for leaving me a sweet comment! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a darling card -
    it truly is so happy!
    Look at the adorable expression on that bird's face!
    Love the button and twine bow too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Judy! Now that is just some cute card!!!

    Thanks so much for stopping by to visit with me today, I appreciate your thinking of me. I'm feeling much better and so glad to be back to blogging and crafting -- eventhough I'm a little slow these days... lol!!!

    Wanted to drop by to say "hi", but I'll be back to start having a look at all I've missed -- can't wait to see what all everyone's been up to!

    Hugs, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet card and coloring! Thanks for joining us at Doodle Pantry Digital Challenge 20!

    ReplyDelete

I love new followers and would like to know what you think!