Sunday, March 11, 2012

BAP for Creative Kuts....

Happy Sunday all my Bloggie Pals,
Whew, it is the perfect "go back to bed" day here in Central Florida!! Totally overcast and raining. On top of losing an hour last night ... not fair! We are in a period of feast or famine with the rain. We went for way to long without any so I cannot complain about it now :-)


Okay, on with my post! I responded to the Creative Kuts VIP list. One thing that you are asked to do is enter their BAP (build a project) each week and post to their FaceBook page. Easy Peasy! I check out the fan page every Monday to see what the new Free BAP is and then, if I want to participate, I send an email to Gina@creativekuts.com to request that weeks BAP. Once you have finished, post it on the fan page. Also, when you create a project with any CK file, they would like it to be shared on the their Facebook fan page. It all sounds like fun to me!

This is my first BAP and it was to create a layout using the provided template and the free file . I am showing you what we had to work from and what I created:
This is the first page of the layout...

The second page....

And the free file that I needed to incorporate into the layout.

You only needed to do one page, but had the option to do both. Since I always do double page layouts, I chose to do both:
I used the Family Favorites file from the Creative Kuts store with the provided BAP sentiment instead of the one that came with the file, although, I did keep the creme eggs from the title :-) I had some of the old chick "peep peep" paper that I thought was sort of appropriate and all the rest of the papers are from my Easter stash. Before I started a blog, I pulled paper packs apart and sorted it, so I now do not know where most of my paper is from ... sorry :-( Just this last week, I picked up the ribbon from a Michael's Dollar Bin, the stick on clear 'buttons' are Heidi Grace, I pop-dotted up both chicks, but you cannot tell in the pic, and I added some purple Stickles to the title to brighten it up. Sorry the pic is not better, I waited for this morning and the sun never shone, so I ended up taking it with a flash anyway. It makes me happy to have at least one 2 page spread ready for my Easter pics!!

I am going to watch the Nascar Vegas race with my DH for a while and then maybe get to the Scrap Cave for a while :-) Have a great day, everyone!

Kitty Hugs, Judy
P.S. No kitten birth yet!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my this is so so adorable!!!! Love the colors and the little details!!!!! Fabulous layout!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Judy I love what you've done.
    sorry it's raining in Florida but it's still sunny here altho a bit cool.
    Hugs,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable layout Judy! Your interpretation for your first BAP turned out great. And you're all set for those fun Easter pictures already! I have to say...the little chicky holding the chocolate bunny did make me chuckle! That's so cute!

    I do hope you can get your little Mr. Happy Feet into Irish dancing, I think he would love it. My husband did it when he was a boy, along with his sister, and was actually very good at it, winning competitions. Just think Judy, you could have the next Michael Flatley on your hands! How fun!

    Susan
    cricutandgrasshopper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love new followers and would like to know what you think!